The Chimaira research group for Human Animal Studies has devoted itself to the interdisciplinary research of societal human-animal relationships. We are an open network of scientists and pursue the following goals with our work:
- to bring together researchers, students and PhD students who are active in this field of research and to offer them a starting point,
- to enable a scientifically sound discussion on the subject on a broad scale by bringing together the scientific and societal debate about human-animal relationships,
- to support students, with regard to contents, who are writing about Human-Animal related topics (for example within the framework of research-workshops or colloquia),
- to contribute to the empirical data and the development of theory within the research field,
- to analyze and criticize societal human-animal relations and
- to intervene in this political theory as well as to give impulses to human-animal studies through scientific research, publications and events.
Selected pages are translated into English. Please click on the English button.